Sunday, May 3, 2009


I have been trying to clean up some unfinished projects this weekend. I finished the machine quilting on this one and just have the binding left to do... I have new appreciation for those who machine quilt on little regular machines like mine. I have a lot of learning to do to coordinate my speed and movement of the quilt. But it sure was fun and how else will I learn without doing? Jim made me a design board this weekend. He made it from the old platform from a queen size bed. I knew we saved that for a reason. LOL! I am going to cover it with a fitted flannel sheet. I can also lay it flat across a smaller table and use it to pin my quilts. I am really excited...I had no place I could pin a quilt before this. Thank goodness I have a kind, wonderful friend who let me pin my big quilts at her home.
It is nice and sunny here in WI today...could be a little warmer, but I am not complaining. I actually got out and cleaned up my garden some from winter. I also made mother's day presents for my darling daughters....a productive weekend all around here.

No comments: